My First Texas Home – First time Home buyer
Mortgage loans at 30-year, fixed interest rates and down payment and/or closing cost assistance.
Visit the My First Texas Home Program page »
My Choice Texas Home – Previous Home buyer
Mortgage loans at 30-year, fixed interest rates with down payment and closing cost assistance – no first time homebuyer requirement!
Visit the My Choice Texas Home Program page »
Texas Mortgage Credit Certificate Program – First Time Home Buyer
Tax credits are based on the annual interest paid on a mortgage loan. Visit the Texas Mortgage Credit Certificate Program page �
- Options for first time home buyers and previous home owners
- 30-year fixed interest rate mortgage loans
- Down payment assistance and closing cost assistance up to 5% of the loan amount
- Available to qualified home buyers from all professions
- Available statewide through a network of participating lenders
- Government (FHA, VA, USDA) loan products
- Dollar-for-dollar reduction on federal tax liability through the Department’s Texas Mortgage Credit Certificate Program*
* Available to first time home buyers only. Buyers can maximize their benefits when they combine a Texas Mortgage Credit Certificate with a mortgage loan!
- First time homebuyer, veteran or a homebuyer who has not owned a home within the past three years
- Previous homeowners
- Minimum credit score of 620
- Income limits apply
- Purchase price limits apply
- fOther requirements may apply
It’s a fast, simple process – follow the links below or contact a participating lender to learn more.
- Step 1: Prequalify using our Mortgage Qualifier Tool
- Step 2: Find what types of properties are eligible for purchase
- Step 3: Gather your important documents
- Step 4: Review rates, fees, and requirements
- Step 5: Find a Lender / REALTOR® / Homebuyer Education Provider
Need A Little More Help? Here are some brief FREE courses that will help you understand the important phases of homebuying
This is a free, online tool designed to satisfy the homebuyer education requirement for TDHCA’s First Time Homebuyer programs. TX HBU offers two courses: One is a comprehensive pre- and post-purchase tutorial which satisfies the education requirement for TDHCA’s first time homebuyer programs; the other is an introductory course to its Texas Mortgage Credit Certificate (“TX MCC”) Program.